If you are suffering from a serious illness or injury, it is important to get your legal affairs in order while you are capable of doing so.
There are a number of difficult questions you need to address:
- what do you want to happen if you are no longer able to look after yourself?
- who do you trust to make decisions for you?
- what are your personal values and preferences for medical treatment?
- Who do you want to inherit your belongings and assets if you die?
- What is the best way to pass on your assets to your chosen beneficiaries?
Our goal is to help you protect your future self and the best interests of your loved ones, to ensure your wishes are carried out and that your estate is passed on exactly as you planned.
How we help
Our Wills & Estate team, led by Partner, Shane Williams, will help you plan for all eventualities by:
- preparing a legally valid Will that considers all potential future scenarios
- setting up Powers of Attorney so people you trust can act for you in accordance with your wishes if you are not capable of making decisions for yourself
- carefully planning your inheritance, so that your assets are passed on to your beneficiaries in the best and most tax-effective way possible
- minimising the risk of challenges to your Will.
Collectively, our team has helped thousands of people who live, work or have family in Melbourne's north eastern suburbs to ensure they are well-prepared for the future, whatever it brings.
Our firm values openness, collaboration and integrity.
We make sure you understand what your options are, what you need to do, what will happen next and what our services will cost at every step of the journey.
That’s why our clients choose us for this important work. And why you should too.