Buying a property is a big investment and probably one of the largest financial transactions of your life. We're here to ensure it proceeds smoothly.
Whether you are buying your first home, a block of land, an investment property or commercial premises, we look after the legal process associated with this important purchase, called 'conveyancing'.
Our Property and Conveyancing team's job is to help you conduct thorough research into the property you plan to buy to ensure there are no nasty surprises, as well as to review the legal documents and oversee financial settlement.
Having served clients in the north eastern suburbs of Melbourne for more than 50 years, we have a deep understanding of the local property market and the potential issues that you need to look out for. You'll also benefit from the strong relationships we've built over this time with everyone involved in your property transaction - from local real-estate agents, to accountants and financial services providers and local councils.
How we help
As part of our conveyancing service, we look after the following on your behalf:
- Review, clarify and lodge legal documents – e.g. the Contract of Sale and Memorandum of Transfer
- Review the mortgage document
- Put the deposit money in a trust account
- Calculate the adjustment of rates and taxes, including adjustments for council and water rates
- Arrange payment of stamp duties
- Settle the property – act on your behalf, advise when the property is settled and contact your bank or financial institution when final payments are being made.
- Represent your interest with a vendor or their agent.
- We can also help you arrange finance if necessary.
Property is often both your most significant asset and your biggest debt and is often owned jointly. It is well worth considering what you want to happen to that property when you die and to ensure you have the legal documents in place to make this happen.
Our Wills and Estate planning team can help you prepare or update your Will and plan your estate to ensure your property is passed on according to your wishes and in the best, most tax-effective way possible.
Our firm values openness, collaboration and integrity.
We make sure you understand what your options are, what you need to do, what will happen next and what our services will cost at every step of the journey.
That’s why our clients choose us for this important work. And why you should too!